Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My 2 cents on the photography obsession

Both my husband and I are not much into photography, For one, we both don't like to carry things. We don't wear much jewellery and don't wear a watch. Basically, we like to roam free without being chained down by things like a bag, jewellery, expensive sunglasses, camera etc.

We also rarely go over our old photos. I attribute this to our intensely involvement in what we are doing in the present complete with all our senses .. mind, body and soul. We experience the moment and are not concerned about capturing the moment for later. In the obsession about capturing the moment, you have really lost the moment for yourself.

1 comment:

  1. That's an interesting way of looking at photography. I always regard my photos as a way to capture my feel good moments. But, you are right, if I am completely mindful of the present, the good feeling will always be there for me to retrieve, reflect and rejoice. It's the details that may fade away overtime.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message