Friday, March 22, 2013

A lone "Red Cardinal"

I took a different path today and walked into the nature trail despite all the snow. The sun was shining brightly. At a fork in the trail, I decided to walk towards a dense forest of pines.

In the thickset of tall bushes along the stream, I could hear different bird songs. I stood still on the bridge when lo and behold, I spot a lone red cardinal on a leafless tree. The red color standing out in the background of white and gray. The shy bird stayed there just for a few seconds before disappearing.

(Picture courtesy: http://pinterest.com/shjoll /red-cardinal/)                         
 
Small black, white and grey birds flitted about among the branches. I found out that the tiny yet plump birds are the Black-capped Chickadee.  

  (Picture courtesy :montananaturalist.blogspot.com)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message