Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Grateful for an ordinary day

There was a time in my life when I yearned for an ordinary day. My two year old daughter was very sick for a period of six months. She had surgery a few days before my son was born. I was torn between caring for a sick child and a new born.

All that I wished for then was an ordinary day where the children are healthy and happily playing around. A day where we go about doing our normal chores, enjoy simple home cooked food, laugh, talk and cuddle up on the sofa.

I live my life with the backdrop of this knowledge. I am grateful for every single day!
I know how perfect a "normal" day is. How beautiful "ordinary" things are.

1 comment:

  1. Can I say, starting from saivam ,scrolling back back back...I've reached here. So many posts spoke to my heart. Tears were of course always on standby to break the dam at the smallest trigger . it's 2:30 am here , yet here I am searching for soul food. If other stuff on the internet is likened to fast food...yours is a home cooked meal. Thank you and God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message