Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Caramel Candy ( aka Caramel Rava Laddu )

Yesterday my dear friend Pooja gave me a bowl of leftover caramel syrup that she had made to drizzle over brownies. With my daughter having such a sweet tooth, I am a grateful recipient of the sweet treats that she makes. She suggested that the kids could have apples dipped in caramel syrup as a snack. I didn't have apples so I used pears instead.

I wondered what else I could do with the extra caramel syrup. I turned to my mother-in-law who came up with the idea of making Rava laddu with the caramel syrup. She made it today and rolled it into small brown balls to fool the kids into thinking this is candy. This is what it looks like.

Brilliant idea isn't it! Now lets see if the kids get fooled :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message