We saw emu's, grazing kangaroos, wallabes, a swimming platypus and several birds in the Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve. Just as we were driving out, we got to see this lovely kangaroo mama with her joey peeking out of the pouch.
* Kangaroos usually have one young annually
* The joey is born the size of a jelly bean
* It crawls several inches up into the pouch after birth
* It latches on to one of the four teats inside the pouch
* It stays this way drinking milk for several months
* After a few months its eyes open and it looks out of the pouch
* At 8 months the joey can leave the pouch and stand on its own.
* At 10 months it gets too big for the pouch and stays out all the time
Nature never ceases to amaze! :)