Friday, September 18, 2015

Kuvempu's Poem "Tanuvu Ninnadu Manavu Ninnadu": Lyrics and Meaning

Poet Kuvempu
This haunting Kannada song comes from the depth of the poet's heart. It is a poignant prayer that reveals the poet's deep union with the divine spirit that pervades all things in the universe. Kuvempu realized spiritually the same truth that Albert Einstein explained as science "A human being is a part of the whole called by us as universe".

Tanuvu ninnadu manavu ninnadu
Enna jeevana ghanavu ninnadu
Nanu ninnavanemba hemmeya
Runavu matrave nannadu


My being is yours, my heart is yours
The strength of life in me is yours
The pride that I am yours
That debt alone is mine


Neenu holedare nanu holevenu
Neenu beledare nanu belevenu
Nanna haranada harana neenu
Nanna maranada maranavu


When you shine, I shine too
When you grow I grow too

You are the destruction in my destruction
You are the death in my death


Nanna manadali neene yukti
Nanna hrudayadi neene bhakthi
Neene maya mohashakthiyu
Nanna jeevana mukthiyu


You are the reason my mind works
You are the devotion in my heart
You are the eternal power of the universe
And the salvation of my life ...

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Priya, your blog helped me.

    God bless and be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Namah Shivaya...very soul of philosophy is embedded in this song...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most prophetic words by Kuvempu, the great Kannada poet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. some words are changed here. Please check with the original

      Delete

Please leave a message