Friday, May 20, 2016

Jack Grunsky: Child of the Universe

My daughter's class sang this song at her primary school's Spring concert a few days back. Such an inspiring song urging children to love, care and celebrate the land that we live on.. by our very own Canadian singer Jack Grunsky!

To love the earth and all that lives and thrives on it .. 
"This song is a celebration of the beauty of the earth and its abundance and how we are all part of the cycle of life on this planet and the universe. It is about sharing the responsibility for providing our children with a better future and doing our part to leave a legacy of love and enlightenment."

I am a child of the universe
And I follow my destiny
I have come to inherit the earth
Cherishing the legacy
Caring for this gift to me
I have come to inherit …  the earth

The lakes and the land
And the soft shoreline sand
And the rocky mountains high and so steep
And the oceans so deep       ….          

The birds flying high
And the clouds in the sky
All the flowers and the forests and trees
All the fish in the seas       …. 
 

The sunlight, the air
Living things in our care 
All the precious seeds we plant and we sow
All the food that we grow 
All the rivers and streams
All your hopes, all your dreams
All the magic in the songs that you sing
All the love that you bring    


Everyone connected to the universe 
Everyone connected to each other
I walk in beauty -  I walk in harmony 
My spirit journey - Nothing but love I see  

I am a child of the universe       
And I follow my destiny
I have come to inherit the earth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message