Friday, December 20, 2013

The Inspiration of Late Bloomers

At the age of 37, as I gaze at the horizon I see endless little possibilities. At 5yrs and 3yrs, my children are a bit older and are not as needy as they used to be. There are so many things I would like to do ...  so many things I want to learn ... so much I want to give.  I look up to these women.  

Rukmini Devi Arundale was a dancer of Bharatnatyam. She was inspired by the beauty and spiritualily of this art form and started learning Bharatnatyam at the age of 29 and presented it on stage at the age of 31yrs despite strong public protests.

Julia Child the famous American chef spent many years working as a secret intelligence officer. She was 49 yrs when her first book was published, 51yrs old when her TV program “The French Chef” first aired.

Violinist Vanessa-Mae who debuted in the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics at the age of 35 . This is what she said "I am 35 and I only took up racing a few months ago. There is no pressure, only really good spirit. If you do everything when you're young you leave no fun until the end."  

Maya Angelou is an author and poet. Her life is truly inspiring...a life of great courage and indomitable spirit. She is a creative genious who wrote her first autobiography at the age of 41.

These inspiring women have shown us that any age is a good age to learn something new. Age is never a barrier in following our passions.  

1 comment:

  1. Your blogs seem to resonate with a primal connection. I was at a temple pooja and was inspired to look at the meaning of Mantra pushpin - and stumbled on your post. Then today I was brooding over the beautiful song - Azhage Azhage - and you have another post for this too. Now reading this post on Late bloomers I am truly inspired - I might be very late bloomer too and probably am ready to bloom - in whichever way the force of life wants me to. Thank you for your postings - Do keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message