Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A Chance to Paint with John Stuart Pryce


When I see my daughter's obsession with drawing and painting, I am reminded of myself as a child. I had almost forgotten that side of me until my childhood friends visited me 2 years ago. They couldn't stop talking about how much I drew and painted. Suddenly all the memories came flooding back! As a child I would paint just about anything peacocks, village scenes, Hindu gods, Christian nativity pictures (very popular in my catholic convent school).

After my early school days, I didn't paint for more than decade. Then when I went to Penn State University, I enrolled in several art classes. I dabbled in oil painting, charcoal sketching, cartooning, pottery and Chinese painting.

Just last week ..almost 11 years later I opened up my old art supplies box again! I have a unique opportunity to learn landscape painting from the famous Canadian "en plein air" artist John Stuart Pryce. From the very first session, I instantly knew that this is the style I would like to learn and this is the person I would like to learn from.

"My goal is to share with others the beauty that my eyes see, my heart feels, and my soul yearns to understand."  - John Stuart Pryce 

My amateurish attempt at copying John

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! Very happy you are exploring more of your passion, Priya!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message