Friday, November 18, 2016

Three days of painting ..

The Canadian landscape and seasons have captured my heart in a warm embrace. Sometimes, I try to find ways to express this beauty in my writings, but words always fall short in expressing ones feelings. Painting is the way I choose to express my spiritual reverence for mother nature.

Plien Air painting with John Pryce
I had stopped painting since my favourite instructor John Stuart Pryce moved to the Canadian west coast. I haven't felt the desire to learn from any one else.  I know for certain that John is whom I want to learn from and it is his style that I want to emulate. What is unique about John's style, is the brilliant luminosity and the play of light that brings his paintings to life.

So this fall, I jumped at the rare opportunity to spend three glorious days painting en-plien air with John. Three paintings are what I have to show for it and the satisfaction of having quenched a deep thirst.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message