Monday, April 16, 2018

Tagore: Honor the spirit within ..



A poignant song where the poet feels deeply remorseful for not honoring the spirit that dwells within. Even in the midst of all worldly activities, we must seek times of quiet solitude to recognize and honor the living spirit which makes everything possible.

Aamar hiyar majhe lukiye chile dekhte aami paai ni
Tomay dekhte aami paai ni.
Bahir pane chokh melechi,aamar hridoy pane chaai ni.
Aamar shokol bhalobashay shokol aaghat shokol aashay
Tumi chile aamar kaache,ami tomar kaache jaai ni.
Tumi mor aanondo hoye chile aamar khelay-
Anande tai bhule chile,keteche din helay.
Gopon rohi gobhir praane aamar dukkhosukher gaane
Sur diyecho tumi, aami tomar gaan to gaai ni.

You lie hidden within me, yet I failed to see you ..
Casting my eyes outward, I didn't look within
In all my adorations, all hurts, all aspirations
You were with me; yet I didn't come to you
You were the joy in all my plays
Oblivious in joy, I let the days fritter away
Buried deep in my heart, to songs of my lifes joys and sorrows
You gave the tune, and yet I sang not thy song ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message