Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Confluence of Influences


At times I step back and look at the world we live in with a feeling of awe. People from different nationalities, cultures and religions are able to mix and mingle and live in harmony. With this openness comes the free sharing of knowledge, cuisines, music, beauty, art, craft and sport.

One look at all the teachers enriching my young son's life is enough to fill me with gratitude. From his Armenian violin teacher, Canadian school teacher, Italian soccer coaches to his Indian dance teacher. Each one of them will leave their imprint on the young lives they touch molding them into citizens of an open, free and inclusive world. 

"You are the sum total of everything you've ever seen, heard, eaten, smelled, been told, forgot - it's all there. Everything influences each of us, and because of that I try to make sure that my experiences are positive." - Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message