Friday, July 12, 2019

Summer must pass through me

As deep the despair of winter, so high is the exuberance of the summer in this part of the world.  I flow with the summer taking in the heat, the light, the sounds and sights.

When the doors are thrown wide open
Letting in the light and air; 
When I step outside without a care
Or worry of what to wear

When I have soaked in many a dawns;
Gazed at cloudless blue skies
Reveled in the bright endless days

When I have smelt the wildflowers;
Seen the new snails, bunnies and herons;
Heard all the bird songs; 
Tasted all the tart berries

When I have suffered the stifling heat
Sweating through every pore; 
When I am tanned all over;
Bitten and bruised by insect bites
Then the summer has passed through me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message