Thursday, April 24, 2014

Art: The gateway to happiness

My children are at the age where I am introducing them to formal lessons in different art forms. My daughter started Bharatanatyam and also violin classes. I have to be very creative in getting them to the classes. Why do I going through all this trouble?

Painting from http://www.ivanguaderrama.com/wall-decor.html
I really don't expect my children to be professional dancers, artists or musicians. My only goal as a mother is to equip my children with tools that can help them throughout their lives. Art can calm the mind and soothe the soul. When life is all work in an endless routine, art will break the monotony and make you feel alive and excited about life. Art will unite you in harmony with the rhythms of the universe. Art is the simplest and most accessible gateway to happiness. By teaching my children the arts, I am giving them a small key to instant happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message