Friday, June 5, 2015

Live and Let Live 'tis the great law of nature

Swan, Heron and Ducks
I cherish the luxury of leisure that lets me wander about in the woods in the afternoon before picking up my children from school. Especially on a day like yesterday with the sun shining brightly on a perfect spring day! I soak in the sights and sounds of the birds, insects and all the creatures great and small.

Today's offerings were irresistibly sweet.
I got to watch a nesting swan sitting calmly on her eggs, the shy and elusive blue heron preening under the warm sun, the mallard duck and her eight little ducklings thrashing about in the water. All these birds were sharing a small area along the lake in harmony, in no way threatened by the proximity of the other.

Need I say more? Live and Let Live 'tis the great law of nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message