Thursday, June 11, 2015

The Mute Swan's eggs have hatched!! :)

The new Swan family
An uncontainable joy and excitement is bubbling within me. My mom-in-law just told me that the mute swan's eggs have hatched and there are four little cygnets. We have been observing the pair for over a month now and I was beginning to worry that this was a false pregnancy and nothing good was going to come after this long arduous wait.

I can't wait to head to the lake and sit watching them, but real life pressures prevents me from such luxuries today. I have to finish my day's work, but I plan to head to the lake after picking up the kids from school. The next few months are going to be exciting as we watch the little cygnets grow and adapt to their new world. I know I will be spending a lot of time by the lake side. Everyday holds so much excitement now!!

Words can not express the joy of new life - Hermann Hesse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message