Friday, August 14, 2015

Grateful for the company of the children..

The long days of summer have been rich and satisfying. With the children idylling at home this summer, I have been taking them to different places every evening. Simple things like exploring parks and trails in the area or walks along the lake or just simply reading a book together.

They are willing accomplices in whatever plan I make and share my enthusiasm for the little things. At seven and five years of age they are quite independent and I see their individual personalities developing. I realize how in some ways they are like us but yet so very different ...

It reminds of Kahlil Gibran's poem and it makes me grateful for their company..


Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message