Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The irrestible call of dawn..

The desire to witness every dawn in the summer gets me out of bed early. I quietly slip out of the house and head to the woods. I know all of gods creatures are awake and ready to welcome the rising sun. The sweet scent of the pines and the golden light of dawn excite every living thing.

Today, the blue heron flew low above me headed for the nearby swamp for its early morning catch of fish. The small and big cottontail rabbits were all out to taste the fresh dew drop sprinkled grass. I could hear the conference of the birds in the trees before they all fly out in various directions, the dee-dee of the chickadees and the persistent calling of one red cardinal until I pulled out my phone and took a picture of this little fellow..
“Let every dawn of morning be to you as the beginning of life, and every setting sun be to you as its close.”  - John Ruskin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message