Friday, October 16, 2015

Navratri or the Fall : Which festival to celebrate?

The glorious colors of Fall
The nine day Navratri festival has begun. For nine days Indian's all over the world will worship Shakthi, the divine mother of the earth. For Navratri this year I intended to setup a small Golu at home with an assortment of Indian dolls and figurines resting in my basement for years. I haven't gotten to it yet ..

..for every bit of spare time I have, I am drawn outdoors by a strong invisible hand to witness mother nature's festival of Fall. When I see the riot of colors outside, the trees dancing to the tunes of the northern winds and the carpet of leaves at my feet, I see Shakthi, the divine mother dancing around me in all her glory!

My eyes long to drink deep of her intoxicating cocktail of colors. The dolls may have to sit in the basement for a little longer ..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message