Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Call of the Inner child ..

Within each of us dwells a childlike spirit needing attention. Like a child craves for the mother's undivided attention, the 'inner child" yearns for our company.

Have you felt, at times the urge to abandon all chores and worldly cares? It is a call to commune with the inner child in leisure and solitude. So long as this call is neglected, there will be a restlessness and a nameless longing within us. We can be content only when we nourish the inner child.


The poet Tagore laments this neglect in the poem Tumi amay dekechhile chhutir nimontrone ..

You called me, to join you
On a day of leisure
I was far away from you
I know not what I was looking for

When finally I arrived at your shore
The setting sun was taking his last peek of the day
Through the mountain top, gazing at the glittering daffodils
And I realized my day has ended, unmindful and careless

You called me, to join you
On a day of leisure

Your writings, I see in the garland of shiuli flowers
Your words, in the glow of dawn, as if touched by gold
Your belated invitation reached this tired soul
On a cold night when bruised flowers are falling
Swept by the wind, listless in your absence.

You called me, to join you
On a day of leisure

(Translation credits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3bRLN3twm8&list=RDB3bRLN3twm8&start_radio=1&t=1 )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message